Can I upgrade/downgrade my package?

Yes! If you find your level of service needs adjusting, then just let us know. It can take up to 28 days to transfer as we may need to notify third parties for you.

What is the minimum term and why do you have one?

The minimum term is 12 months.  We have this because there is a lot of work involved in setting everything up for you and rather than charge a “set up” fee we spread the cost over 12 months.

Who will be my P.A?

You will have your own named PA who will be on hand to answer any queries or assist you in any way they can.  If they are away on annual leave, we will give you plenty of notice and let you know the name of the PA that will be serving you whilst your PA is away.  All of our PA’s are experienced professional secretaries and personal assistants who have undergone specialist training, including Dementia Friends.

What area do you cover?

We cover an area including West Sussex, Hampshire and Surrey – along the South Coast from Worthing to Portsmouth and from Selsey up to Godalming.  If you are outside this area, then please let us know as we may still be able to support you.

How do people know you are acting on my behalf?

We will suggest a method suitable for your particular need – for some this will be with a General Power of Attorney (they are valid for 12 months and allow us to act on your instructions with anyone you wish us to) and for others this will be a Lasting Power of Attorney (valid until cancelled).  We will explain these to you in detail so that you can make the right choice for you and the service you wish us to provide for you.  We can then register the Power of Attorney with anyone as needed by you.

How does the guarantee work?

We are so confident that we will make your life easier that if you are not completely satisfied with our services, we will either refund the fees you have paid in full, if notified within the first month, or accept a proportion of those fees that reflect the level of your satisfaction.  It really is that simple.

What happens at the end of 12 months?

Your service will continue unless you decide you no longer need us, in which case we just need 28 days’ notice so that we can notify everyone that we are no longer managing your affairs for you.

Do you do home visits?

Yes.  We always come and meet with you at the outset so that you can let us know how we can help.  We are happy to come out and visit anytime you need us.  If you are on a basic level of service, then you will be charged a small admin fee after the second home visit (we will let you know how much before we come out), but for both the middle and higher level of service you have unlimited home visits. 

What if I become ill or I lose the ability to make decisions for myself?

We will do all we can to assist.  In most circumstances, we can continue to provide you with support although your service may need adjusting if you require us to source carers and other professionals (you may need to increase to the higher level) or if you move into a care home (you may need only a basic level of service).

How do you choose the tradespeople you use?

We always use tradespeople with positive references and who are members of their professional trades body and carry their own insurance.  If you have our higher level of service, then we will meet with them at your property for you.  If you are on our medium level of service, then we will agree a password with the tradesperson that they will say to you when they attend your property and will also show you identification.

How do you select carers?

We use agencies that are regulated and assessed by the Care Quality Commission – they all adhere to strict guidelines in relation to the service they provide you – if you are unhappy at any time, then please let us know immediately so that we can address this for you.

Is there an age criteria for this service?

No!  We have clients of all ages for a wide variety of reasons.  Losing a spouse or parent that managed everything means some people feel completely overwhelmed by everything.  For some, they simply want to be able to enjoy their lives free from the constant barrage of admin!  Whatever the reason, we are always happy to provide support to the level required by you to make your life easier.

Can I have a P.A just temporarily?

In some limited circumstances, we can offer temporary support.  We are happy to meet with you to talk about what you need and what we can offer.

Can I use your services for my parents/adult child?

Yes, we work with many families to provide additional support in whatever way is needed.

How do you hold my personal information?

We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information.  Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls.  All of our PA’s sign a non-disclosure agreement as part of their contracts of employment.  We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.  A copy of our Privacy Policy is available on request.

Are you regulated and insured?

We hold full Public Liability insurance up to £1million and Employers Liability insurance up to £10million. All work is supervised closely by Emily Allchurch, our Managing Director.  Emily is a practising solicitor and abides by the Solicitors Professional Conduct Rules.  In her personal capacity, Emily is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, although the SRA do not regulate Enable Ltd as we will not be providing you with legal services.  

Will you be able to sort out all of my old papers?

Yes, we would be happy to and can arrange confidential shredding of old papers that you no longer need, as well as storage of essential paperwork, guarantees etc.  We do have to make an additional charge to cover this service at a flat fee of £75 which includes all shredding and storage costs.

Not found your answer? Let us help